£30,000 - £35,000
30 days ago
Law Staff Legal Recruitment
Compliance professional required to be an assistant officer within a Legal 500 practice located in Peterborough.
Reporting to the head of compliance, the successful assistant will play a key role in the department, ensuring that the highest levels of quality standards are maintained, and that the firm is compliant with not only applicable legislation but regulatory requirements. Client satisfaction and maintaining the firm’s reputation will be key focuses of your role.
• Handling compliance and audit enquiries internally
• Investigating breaches
• Maintaining the risk register and document register
• Producing compliance reports
• Processing renewals for practice certificates and accreditation applications
• Managing Riliance
• Coordinating compliance training firm-wide
• Processing starter and leaver applications for Lexcel and CQS
• Ad-hoc internal audits and projects work
• Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory requirements
• A compliance professional with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
• Previous experience working with quality accreditations is essential
• Possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates excellent and accurate attention to detail
• Knowledge of Lexcel and CQS in particular is highly advantageous
• IT literate with particular expertise using Microsoft Office
• Understands the importance of maintaining high levels of confidentiality
• Is diligent, highly organised and personable
A Legal 500 multi-office practice, this firm provides a diverse range of legal services to both individuals and businesses. Staffed by a team of experienced and dedicated lawyers, who pride themselves on excellent client care and a cost-effective, practical service, they have achieved numerous awards and quality accreditations including Lexcel. Recognising the importance of giving back, they are actively involved within their local communities and have built an enviable client base both within the region and across the UK.
• On-site car parking
• Offices located close to strong transport links
• Opportunities for continued professional development
• Positive working environment
• Responsibility from the outset
Assistant Officer – Compliance
For further details of this Assistant Compliance Officer vacancy, please contact Simon on 01954 208075 quoting reference SS05204641.