We are looking for an experienced Risk Lawyer to provide support to the BAU in making decisions on whether new mandates can be accepted in the context of current conflicts and regulatory rules, reputational and commercial conflict implications.
This role works closely with various senior stakeholders including, the Compliance Officer for Legal Practice and General Counsel. It reports to the Global head of BAU and assists a large BAU team including Managers who oversee a number of Conflicts and Compliance Analysts, Team Leaders and Administrators. .
The role will also assist in promoting best practice across the BAU and acting as an escalation point for members of the team as well as Partners and Lawyers in the firm.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing new mandates in the context of current conflicts and other regulatory rules, as well as internal policies, across the full range of practice areas within the firm.
- Determining applicable conditions upon which mandates can be accepted or continued
- Researching legal and regulatory issues and producing related guidance, practice notes, templates and training materials.
- Analysing information contained in the Firm's conflict management systems.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of systems to ensure key guidance and precedents are applied in practice
- Acting as a point of escalation within the BAU
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of internal processes for compliance with new legislation, regulation and best practice, particularly in the areas of money laundering and sanctions.
- Assisting and supporting the firm's Money Laundering Reporting Officers in the performance of their statutory and other duties
- Mentoring, supervising and assisting in the management of the BAU’s Analyst and Administrative Assistants.
- Law Firm Risk & Compliance : 2 years (Required)