53000 - 60000
22 days ago
This market leading global law firm wish to recruit for an ambitious Business Development Manager to help drive their ongoing marketing and business development plans for one of their biggest and most successful practice groups.
Focusing on the Marine & Shipping department, the Business Development Manager and will work directly with UK qualified and overseas Partners, taking the lead on business development and marketing activities in order to promote the profile of the shipping department developing key account relationships and drive revenue growth. You will collaborate with the central marketing team and be responsible for developing a clear strategy and business plan for the group and managing a range of strategically aligned marketing and client development activities, ensuring plans are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for;
- Assisting Partners with preparing for pitch meetings to clients and/or prospects, including holding briefing discussions to understand the opportunity, preparing pitch and proposal materials, developing strategy, preparing and rehearsing pitch teams, identifying new business opportunities, conducting industry, market and client/prospect research, writing new business proposals and producing responses to requests for information/ requests for proposals, assisting in developing "best practice" proposal/pitch guidelines
- Reviewing, developing and updating business plans and budgets for the Shipping practice group
- Responsibility for the direct line management of the Business Development Executive
- Work with marketing teams on creating and maintaining various print and digital marketing collateral and taking lead on digital media and marketing campaigns for the practice group
- Driving and leading on directory and award submissions working with Partners, Associates & PSLs
For this position the client is seeking someone with a strong knowledge of the global shipping industry and have proven business development management experience, preferably in a law firm or partnership structure. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be professional and can multitask and work to tight deadlines. You must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in marketing, communications or business. You must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with strong technical skills in Word, Excel and InterAction. Experience with marketing-related databases preferred.