35000 - 55000
3 months ago
At Aderant, we power the world’s leading law and professional services firms. We focus on delivering world class products and services which are developed, marketed, sold, and supported by superior talent. This talent has made us the largest independent provider of law firm technology in the world.
As a Conversion Programmer you will work with the Aderant Expert software package, providing clients with high quality technical expertise. This dynamic role leads clients to successful implementations and forms the basis of long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships.
You must possess strong communication skills and be able to work closely with both client staff and internal colleagues, sometimes for an extended period. You must have an analytical outlook and be able to work to high standards, while still ‘getting the job done’ within the deadlines. Teamwork will be critical to success in this role, as will the ability to motivate yourself and work without direct supervision.
Much of your work will be undertaken at client offices, where you will work closely with client staff and partner with them to meet their requirements. Part of this work will involve training and presenting to groups of client staff.
Skills & Requirements
- A degree in Computing/IT, or an equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience of SQL (SQL Server) development and general programming concepts
- Strong proficiency in SQL programming with capability to troubleshoot common issues
- Capable of multitasking, working on and documenting various projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Logical and able to solve problems creatively
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- A willingness to travel approx. 50% of the time, predominantly within the UK but sometimes internationally
- Prior conversion or data warehousing experience (ETL) using SQL programming
- Aderant Expert experience
- Knowledge of another financial system