5 months ago
Information Technology Services
Leading Legal Services firm in the South East is seeking a Head of IT in a key role for the firm. A member of the senior management team and reporting into the Managing Partner, the role will develop and deliver the IT strategy in keeping with the firm's forward-thinking ethos, whilst being responsible for building and leading a fit-for-purpose IT function to support the firm's ambitious growth plans.
Role of the Head of IT
* Work with the business to continually develop an appropriate IT strategy that will deliver the change needed in the firm
* Oversee the firm’s communications, IT infrastructure, development, projects, service desk, security and recovery procedures
* Regularly report to the Managing Partner and make well-supported business cases for new technologies and initiatives
* Introduce service orientated policies and procedures to assist in the delivery of the IT service to the firm
* Mentor and coach members of the IT team in the skills they need to provide a more professional, can-do, business engaging service
* Maintain an appropriate understanding of all of the firm’s IT systems and infrastructure
* Keep abreast of innovations and make relevant recommendations to the board
* Balance the strategic and operational needs of a Head of IT role in a firm of 250 people
The ideal candidate will have experience of an IT leadership role within a professional services firm (insurance, law firm, accountants) and will be passionate about service excellence, tangible delivery and leading change. This person could be stepping up from a role in a larger firm to take on their first Head of IT position.