£50000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Top international law firm are looking to hire into their Tax team, in a newly created position as their International Tax Accountant. Working in a team of three, you will work closely with the Head of Tax, overseeing the direct tax compliance process across the firms group worldwide, outside the UK, (including LLPs and companies).
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing tax service providers outside the UK, including keeping costs within budget;
- Representing all of the firms outside the UK across all tax regimes worldwide when dealing with tax authorities and other external stakeholders;
- Assisting with management of the direct tax issues associated with interaction between different jurisdictions (including the UK).
- Dealing with withholding tax issues;
- Advising on transfer pricing issues and ensuring that the group's transfer pricing policy and documentation are up to date;
- Understanding and anticipating issues arising relating to the group's international structure and single profit pool, such as the sourcing of income for partners across the group as well as the set up and management of tax reserves from which to settle partners' tax liabilities arising outside the UK and outside the jurisdiction in which they reside;
- Keeping abreast of tax developments and forthcoming changes which may affect the group;
- Assisting in the oversight and central co-ordination of direct tax risks arising from tax issues and audits;
- Assisting the Head of Tax and others with advisory projects including launching in new jurisdictions, implementation of the group's tax strategy and providing advice to the business as needed;
- Responsibility for indirect tax (e.g. VAT), PAYE and wider employer compliance sit outside the in-house tax team.
They are looking for someone CTA/ACA qualified, however study support may be provided for a qualified accountant looking to pursue their CTA. The successful individual will need to have strong direct tax skills with significant exposure to international tax. Experience gained at a professional partnership operating across multiple jurisdictions is also ideal.
This role would suit an ambitious individual who wants to grow within the role.