5 months ago
Information Technology Services
A top 40 UK law firm with around 1500 users based between their offices in Manchester, London and across the UK. The firm is committed to continuously improving the services and solutions they offer their clients. They take pride in building close partnerships externally, and offering their own teams exciting, challenging and rewarding career paths.
The IT Director / Chief Information Officer (CIO) will be responsible for all technology in use across the firm, and the development and implementation of future IT Services and Strategy to deliver to their clients and their own users.
You will be responsible for the full range of information systems, including sourcing and maintaining technology infrastructure, recommending new solutions and emerging technologies, and leading firm-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
The IT Director / CIO will also be responsible for working closely with the firm’s clients to identify and assess opportunities from emerging technologies, especially concerning Data Analytics, that can enhance the firm's offerings and enable further differentiation of their services in their market.
- Continually review the IT services provided, ensuring that they meet the needs of the users and ensuring that the firm optimises use of its resources (including staff, hardware, software and third-party services)
- Engage widely with stakeholders across the business to develop plans and strategies to enhance client services, user effectiveness, and to foster innovation
- Ensure appropriate levels of operational resilience, reliability and performance are delivered and maintained across all IT services
- Work with the Project Management Team in the development, planning and implementation of IT and Business projects
- Exercise budgetary control of all cost centres covered by the area of responsibility and to identify and implement cost saving wherever possible and appropriate
- Devise and implement policy decisions relating to IT projects, service delivery and all other aspects of end-user service provision
- Provide leadership and effective line management for the multi-disciplined 80 person IT team, developing performance management initiatives and ensuring that staff are appropriately mentored, trained and motivated
The IT Director / CIO will have prior experience in a similar level role, ideally within another professional services organisation. You will have a track record of success in leading the development and delivery of IT Services within an organisation of 1000-2000 users. This would include identifying and road-mapping new technologies, solutions and services, and relating these back to business objectives.
You will be an excellent communicator with the proven ability to engage, define and influence effectively across all levels of the business using both technical and non-technical language as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations, along with technical knowledge of IT Service Delivery, Infrastructure, IT Security and Compliance. Core technologies / systems management experience would, ideally, include Practice / Case Management, E-filing & document management, Client Relationship Management, and BI or Data Analytics / Insight.
Your experience should also include successfully developing your own IT teams through mentoring, coaching and personal development.
To discuss the opportunity in more detail, please send an application and get in touch with David Willis.