We are looking for experienced Law Firm Risk & Compliance professionals looking to step into an even broader role with a wider range of responsibilities at a top international law firm. Ideally you will have strong Conflicts experience but as you can see this is a broad role that goes beyond Conflicts and AML.
This role will involve, amongst other things:
- Providing support to the practice on general Compliance matters such as Share Dealing, Confidentiality Obligations, Outside Interests, Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Reviewing new client and matter requests submitted via the firm’s NBI system, raising queries as necessary and performing conflict searches and analysing results to identify conflicts in accordance with Firm policy and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk Team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
- Preparing conflict waivers, letters of non-objection and other conflict-related documentation as well as establishing and maintaining information barriers as necessary.
- Ensuring anti-money laundering, sanctions and other risk checks have been carried out for new and existing clients in compliance with Firm policy and applicable regulatory requirements, and that relevant data is properly entered and maintained on the Firm’s systems.
- Assisting the practice in establishing engagement terms and advising on client imposed terms.
- Providing ad-hoc advice and participating in presentations to the practice on all aspects of NBI related policy and regulation including providing guidance on conflict management, anti-money laundering requirements, sanctions and engagement.
- Working on discrete projects to continuously improve NBI policy and process.
- Ensuring Firm policy is in line with global requirements and adheres to local regulation.
- Advising the practice on compliance with ad-hoc compliance issues.
- Law firm Conflicts or Law firm AML : 1 year (Required)