We are looking for a Risk & Compliance Officer for Law Firm role in Woking
In this role you will work closely with the COLP, COFA and the Compliance Manager to ensure that the firm complies with its regulatory requirements.
Some of the key Responsibilities are listed below:
- To provide advice and guidance on any issues relating to data protection compliance across the firm.
- To liaise with Senior Stakeholders across the firm to identify areas of weakness in relation to data protection compliance across the firm and to devise, implement and monitor any necessary changes to working practices and procedures to improve compliance.
- Assist the COFA regarding compliance relating to Money Laundering legislation.
- To liaise as necessary with the Law South Group Risk Manager, Meridies and appointed insurance brokers.
- Management of lender panel applications and general compliance queries.
- To develop, update and implement the firm’s data protection policies and procedures.
- To undertake regular reviews and audits of the firm’s compliance processes (including Lexcel) and procedures and help implement changes as necessary.
- To ensure strict adherence to data protection legislation throughout the firm.
- To help ensure compliance with anti-money laundering legislation throughout the firm.
This role would suit a junior law firm compliance professional, whether a generalist or a specialist conflicts or aml analyst, who is looking for some broader exposure and a higher level of responsibility.
- Law Firm Compliance: 1 year (Preferred)