Reporting to the Head of communications and PR, this International legal firm is looking for an Intranet Manager to join it’s dynamic communications and PR team, ensuring the firm's media relations, social media platforms and internal communications support the firm's strategic goals, practice priorities and international brand.
The communications team is part of the business development department, which is responsible for – among other things –client development, BD activity and the firm's website, and includes a team of BD managers and executives. You will manage one direct report – the Intranet Executive.
This firm is looking for an experienced content manager to provide day to day leadership and
management of the firm's intranet and its content. This includes supporting the delivery of
effective and strategic internal communications on the platform for our partners and staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operation of the firm's
intranet. The intranet manager will also be responsible for preparing, for wider consideration,
an ‘intranet development strategy’ to ensure that the intranet remains relevant to and useful
for the business. The primary focus of this position will be:
• Creating and editing content for the internal news channel on the intranet. Content
priorities range from business wins and people news to awards recognition and firmwide
• Leading and encouraging a network of 'occasional editors' to maintain content for their
specialist/local areas including not only news, but policies and procedures, know-how and
information about clients, teams, support and training materials.
• Leading the project team currently working on the migration of the intranet to a new Sharepoint-based platform.
• Managing content sign off with stakeholders, to deliver a coordinated approach to content
creation across the firm, its offices and its practices. Liaising with stakeholders to ensure
that content is being properly curated and kept current and relevant.
• Developing and maintaining content plans and an editorial process.
• Generating, piloting and developing different types of content.
• Being the main contact for all intranet-related enquiries and bringing creative ideas to the team.
• Editing content across the platform.
• Liaising with the IT department on technical developments and maintenance.
You will be a graduate with a business-to-business background in professional services. In
addition to exceptional communications skills and a strong nose for a story, firm technical
prowess and a love of creating great content would be beneficial. This role is not a technical
role but will require some understanding of the technology. You must be articulate, with a strong sense of personal responsibility, diplomacy and judgement, possess excellent writing and editing skills, be enthusiastic and an effective and sensitive communicator, with good interpersonal skills, be confident and pragmatic with a highly organised approach. A strong attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to manage multiple projects, working for several teams, at once, to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector – twitter.com/leightontaylorC