The Finance and Accounting department has a culture of excellence – it's far more than just a back office function. We provide valuable financial advice and support to the business and its stakeholders.
As part of a world-class law firm, our clients expect the very best. To deliver a first-class service, we recruit the best, and offer a friendly working environment and structured career development. Our feedback culture will help you to thrive in your role.
Our London team is led by our Chief Financial Officer and is structured into two broad areas:
1.) Reporting and Accounting
This function looks after all of the Firm's reporting needs, both internal and external. This includes strategic planning and budgeting, management accounts, statutory accounts and tax work.
2.) Finance Operations
This team is responsible for the day-to-day operations, including billing, collections, cash management & treasury, and client monies.
In this unique role, you will provide high quality specialist support to our Working Capital Team, which includes our Client Revenue Specialists and Credit Control Teams for London billed clients that require specialist billing and reporting with a particular emphasis on E-Billing. The role will also entail becoming involved in international client billing projects. Duties will include:
- Providing project management support in the implementation of client driven E-Billing and client driven special billing requirements
- Working closely/Project Managing our Manila based Global E-Billing Implementation team, in regards the day to day requirements of our Clients E-Billing Requirements
- Ensure well versed on all client E-Billing Coding requirements and also fully versed on the Set-up in SAP
- Maintenance of London client E-Billing requirements
- Communicating client driven time recording requirements to all timekeepers
- Maintaining e-billing sites to include uploading new timekeepers, rates and other information as required. Ensure pricing/exception rates are also set-up in SAP
- Ensuring global communications concerning London billed clients are attended to and liaising closely with the Revenue Control team in particular to ensure required actions are addressed
- Working closely with Attorneys and Revenue Control in addressing issues with e-bills/files that have been rejected
- Transition new client E-Bill requirements to our Manila Team
- Implementing and managing information to be held in a central repository (Intranet), on clients specific billing requirements
- Ensuring that once client e-billing / special billing has gone live, processes are put in place for new matters to adhere to the process laid down
- Identify timekeepers who do not comply with client e-billing/special requirements, and initiate an escalation process
- Champion the firms TM Flat Fee billing process and examine ways to transition this to other practice groups within the firm, i.e. Company Secretarial and Immigration
Key Skills and Skills Required
- Experience working within professional services, preferably in the legal sector
- Strong technical skills (experience of SAP and SQL reporting an advantage)
- A well developed working knowledge of proprietary e-billing systems including Tymetrix T360, Serengeti, Data Cert, Lawtrac, Collaborati, OB10 amongst others
- A well developed understanding of the LEDES protocol, UTBMS codes and the ability to understand and manipulate the .txt files required for uploading into e-billing systems
- Proficient in MS Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel (at least intermediate skills required - VLOOKUP and pivot tables)
- A positive team member and active contributor in a team environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confidence to liaise with people at all levels within the Firm and develop relationships
- Whilst the day to day requirement is to work within and support the Revenue Team, you will be expected to be self motivating, self sufficient and disciplined
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm and most of our work has an international dimension.
Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. We're aided in this by our culture- we call it Fluency- which describes how we work, think and behave when we are at our best. Fluency encourages high performance in a collaborative and fulfilling way. Every person in the firm is measured in line with Fluency.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. More than any other firm we can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world's leading law firms but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2014: Ranked 3rd Most Innovative Firm in Europe
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15: currently ranked 80th
- Chambers Global 2015: More lawyer and practice group rankings than any other firm globally
- The Lawyer European Awards 2015: International Firm of the Year
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click Apply icon above to send an application and we will be in touch.
For more information about this position, please contact in confidence Sarah Tucker (Recruitment Officer) on 020 7919 1928.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Baker McKenzie, London is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the premier global law firm. This vision cannot be achieved without harnessing the imagination and the creative problem-solving capability of talented people whatever their background. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.