The Knowledge Systems team at Baker McKenzie is part of the global knowledge management community of over 200 members, including KM Partners, PSLs and other staff with KM roles.
The goal of the knowledge systems team is to support the KM community in the creation and management of market leading content. The team also works with the Global Information Services team to design, develop and build user-friendly but flexible platforms to store content and deliver it intuitively to our lawyers and business services staff in a timely and effective way.
We are looking for a Global Intranet Manager to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, London.
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation and management of the firm's SharePoint based intranet; BakerWorld. This includes leading a global community of content owners and editors, maintaining overall quality control on content and design as well as developing and implementing policies and standards to ensure effective and engaging intranet content that meets the needs of the business.
The Global Intranet Manager will also be responsible for driving engagement across the firm, encouraging adoption of collaboration tools and the provision of insightful analytics to key stakeholders.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a law firm.
- Taking full ownership for the information architecture and content quality in BakerWorld, working with Technology teams to ensure the provision of a world class intranet that meets the needs of the business and ensures a consistent user experience.
- Oversee the primary landing pages to maintain a proper balance of content and tools.
- Build relationships with and gain the buy-in of stakeholders at all levels and actively manage communications with key stakeholders and user groups.
- Lead a global community of content owners and page editors, coordinating the efforts of this decentralized group and encouraging collaboration and a consistent approach.
- Take ownership for editorial control across the intranet to ensure it is in line with the content strategy, communication standards and guidelines.
- Provide support to content editors ensuring they have the knowledge, tools and skillsets required for their roles.
- Develop, maintain, provide advice and monitor compliance with the intranet policies and standards to ensure effective and engaging intranet content that meets the needs of the business.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs and involve them in planning and problem solving (including Communications, IT, HR, Risk and Legal, as well as executives and administrative staff).
- Design and implement the intranet governance strategy, including the set-up and coordination of an intranet management group consisting of senior representatives from key stakeholder groups including Communications, Technology and HR.
- Work with the intranet management group, Global Technology teams and Internal Communications stakeholders to define and deliver the intranet strategy and roadmap to ensure that BakerWorld continues to evolve and best meet the needs of business stakeholders.
- Conduct research to understand intranet user needs.
- Contribute to other knowledge projects and initiatives.
- Work with Global Technology and other stakeholders to define priorities for requests for new functionality and tools.
- Maintain a good understanding of industry best practice and new technological opportunities that can add business value to BakerWorld.
- Champion the strategic use of enterprise collaboration tools, demonstrating business benefits and driving adoption across the firm.
- Monitor intranet usage using Siteimprove (or other appropriate tools) and provide insightful analytics to key stakeholders that demonstrates the effectiveness of the intranet.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Significant experience managing and implementing intranets in a law firm or professional services environment
- Strong understanding of the capabilities of SharePoint for intranet applications
- Strong knowledge of the principles of Usability and User Experience
- Strong understanding of the principles of Information Architecture design for intranets
- High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies
- Keen interest in technology-driven innovation in the legal industry
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills to coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues
- Proven ability to effect behavioural change across an organisation and drive adoption of new tools and business processes
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Highly experienced with Office applications, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm and most of our work has an international dimension.
Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. We're aided in this by our culture- we call it Fluency- which describes how we work, think and behave when we are at our best. Fluency encourages high performance in a collaborative and fulfilling way. Every person in the firm is measured in line with Fluency.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. More than any other firm we can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world's leading law firms but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2014: Ranked 3rd Most Innovative Firm in Europe
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15: currently ranked 80th
- Chambers Global 2015: More lawyer and practice group rankings than any other firm globally
- The Lawyer European Awards 2015: International Firm of the Year
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2016: currently ranked 11th
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com and request a hard copy version of the application form.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Baker McKenzie, London is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the premier global law firm. This vision cannot be achieved without harnessing the imagination and the creative problem-solving capability of talented people whatever their background. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.