Job title: IT & Business Applications Learning Coach – Full Time
Career Level: Executive
Business area: Knowledge, Information & Data
In a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment the success of our business depends on the quality of our people. We therefore invest heavily in attracting and retaining the top talent, and helping them to fulfil their potential. It is only by doing this that we can stay at the top of our game.
But not just at the top of our game, continually upping it, too. In addition to our London office, we now have offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Bristol, underlining our commitment to ambitious growth.
Our open and dynamic working environment reflects the culture of the firm. There's little in the way of hierarchy and our people are encouraged to be themselves and take on as much responsibility as they are ready for, whilst receiving the support they need to develop both their professional and business skills.
Purpose of the role:
To provide training on technology and software used within the firm and to produce top quality supporting materials (eg lesson plans, tipsheets etc) as required. Primary duties include provision of learning and training to new joiners and existing staff in both scheduled and just-in-time scenarios. Training will be conducted on a one-to-one, classroom, remote user, learning desk and floorwalking basis supporting a variety of applications and business processes especially MS Office, DM, Expert Time and remote access options.
The role will continue to develop, as the training of upgraded software and new releases will be required. The role involves communicating with clients at all levels of the firm.
Reports to: Senior Manager, IT & Business Applications Learning
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide training as part of the Induction programme to all new starters from administration and secretarial staff to associates and partners.
• Training and refresher sessions on all core applications
• Training new applications to all users once projects have reached the roll out stage.
• Use appropriate learning tools, to create or assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation for new and existing software as the need arises.
• Provide assistance and training to remote users in our other offices.
• Learning Desk - provide "just-in-time" IT learning support and advice over the phone or desk-side to all users when required across all our office locations.
• Help maintain and retain learning desk records by logging and prioritising incoming learning desk incidents via telephone, e-mail and web into the service desk system as appropriate.
• Prioritise work in accordance with the Learning diary and project plans.
• Pro-actively project manage own workload, communicating effectively with the Senior Manager, IT & Business Applications Learning as guided.
• Help maintain our Learning pages on the intranet.
• Effectively use Learning Management tools and systems.
• Sustain skills by learning new and updated applications in sufficient detail to train it appropriately to our users.
• Improve communications and relationships with our SME business partners and user community.
• Bring training service issues and suggestions to the attention of the IT Service Desk or Senior Manager, IT & Business Applications Learning.
• Complete work tasks and projects as guided by the Senior Manager, IT & Business Applications Learning.
Knowledge, skills and experience
At least one year's training and two years' experience of working in a law firm.
Industry standard IT qualifications eg MOUS/ECDL
Qualities and skills:
The successful applicant will have/be able to demonstrate:
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, time recording software (eg Expert Time), using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) with laptops and other agile working options (eg Smart Phones, Citrix, OWA).
• Knowledge of document management systems (eg eDocs DM) would be beneficial
• Knowledge of learning management systems (eg TutorPro) and learning content creation tools (eg Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia) would be beneficial
• Have a good knowledge of legal procedures and business awareness
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communications skills (both orally and in writing)
• Exceptional customer service and client facing skills
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly
• Be able to demonstrate good initiative and problem solving skills, but be conscious of when to consult with others
• Have the ability to multi-task and able to manage upwards
• Attention to detail, good organisational skills and flexibility
• Be a good team-worker, but also be strongly self-motivated
• Be enthusiastic
• Remain calm under pressure
• Proactive nature and delivers results
• High level of confidentiality and integrity
• Excellent team player