We are looking for a Legal Administrator to join the highly regarded EU C&T Department at Baker McKenzie LLP.
The successful applicant will be supporting the EU C&T Department in London and must possess a strong client service focus enabling you to interact well with both external and internal clients at all levels.
Please note that this role is a Legal Administrator position and is not an entry route to complete a training contract or professional qualification with Baker McKenzie. The two recruitment processes are completely separate.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with matter openings
- Call handling
- Scanning (bills/expenses)
- Document/letter (short) production
- Ad hoc printing
- Meeting organisation
- Document production (in conjunction with our Document Production Unit)
- Liaising with couriers
- Ad hoc administration
- Client event co-ordination
- Basic marketing material creation
Key Skills and Experience Required
- High work standards
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to confidently deal with demanding situations, people and requirements
- Ability to analyse numbers
- Strong document management skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Flexible and efficient work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm and most of our work has an international dimension.
Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. We're aided in this by our culture- we call it Fluency- which describes how we work, think and behave when we are at our best. Fluency encourages high performance in a collaborative and fulfilling way. Every person in the firm is measured in line with Fluency.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. More than any other firm we can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world's leading law firms but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2014: Ranked 3rd Most Innovative Firm in Europe
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15: currently ranked 80th
- Chambers Global 2015: More lawyer and practice group rankings than any other firm globally
- The Lawyer European Awards 2015: International Firm of the Year
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2016: currently ranked 7th
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com and request a hard copy version of the application form. You should then send your completed application form, along with your CV, to:
The Recruitment Team
100 New Bridge Street
NO AGENCIES PLEASE