The Human Resources & Development (HR&D) department in London consists of the following teams:
- HR Business Partnering
- Employee Relations, Reward and Management Information & Reporting
- Diversity & CSR
- Learning & Development
- Recruitment (Experienced Hire & Graduate)
- Secretarial Services Management Team
The department also delivers various projects, drawing upon resource from across the above teams, working together.
We are currently looking to recruit a HR Business Partner to join the London team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner to work collaboratively with the business to help them achieve their strategic goals. Through identifying the organisational and people priorities, adopting a responsive, client and solution focused approach and delivering best practice, commercial HR solutions the successful candidate will establish themselves as a trusted advisor within the business.
This role will form part of team four HR Business partners, three HR Officers and a HR Coordinator and will be responsible for a mixture of legal and business services client groups.
In particular, the role will include:
HR&D strategy implementation & Strategic Projects
- To provide strategic input into the Firm's strategy and to assist with or lead on initiatives that deliver the HR pillars of the Firms' strategy
- To lead on a number of strategic HR projects
- To partner and work with senior partners on strategic initiatives and implementation of strategic priorities
HR Business Partnering
- To act as the strategic HR business partner to assigned internal clients, establishing strong working relationships with partners. Activities for each client group to include:
- Assist client groups in delivering against the office and their department strategy
- Developing and delivering an annual HR plan, aimed at driving employee engagement, a higher performance culture and ensuring best practice HR solutions in support of the delivery of the client group’s business plan
- Clarifying the resource requirements client groups and engaging Recruitment to deliver against these needs
- Providing trusted one to one guidance and coaching to partners on all HR matters
- Advising on HR policy, making or recommending appropriate decisions
- Ensuring the delivery of outstanding operational service through the HR Officers
- Diagnosing and analysing team and individual development needs, engaging L&D to put in place appropriate OD and L&D solutions
- Coordinating performance reviews, salary and bonus reviews and promotions at all levels
- Effectively and proactively managing all ER cases for assigned groups
- To coach, mentor and motivate the HROs and HR Coordinator giving regular feedback and feeding into formal performance reviews
- To look for opportunities to improve internal processes/services and work with the appropriate people to implement these changes
- To collaborate and share best practice with the other HR Business Partners and wider HR&D Team
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of a similar role ideally within a professional services organisation
- Strong client service ethos and delivery focus
- A catalyst and leader of change
- A flexible approach to adapt the role to meet current and future business needs
- Strategic thinker and with a commercial understanding and ability to translate business goals into HR priorities
- Influencing and presentation skills to establish senior level credibility
- Strong client relationship skills with the ability to manage the diversity of multiple leader relationships and serve their needs without compromising service levels
- Ability to build rapport at all levels
- In-depth working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation, principles, policies and procedures
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, requiring creativity and innovation
- Strong diagnostic and analytic skills and the ability to exercise good judgment
- A motivator and developer of people
- Collaborative approach, effectively working with others to achieve team success
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm and most of our work has an international dimension.
Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. We're aided in this by our culture- we call it Fluency- which describes how we work, think and behave when we are at our best. Fluency encourages high performance in a collaborative and fulfilling way. Every person in the firm is measured in line with Fluency.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. More than any other firm we can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world's leading law firms but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2014: Ranked 3rd Most Innovative Firm in Europe
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15: currently ranked 80th
- Chambers Global 2015: More lawyer and practice group rankings than any other firm globally
- The Lawyer European Awards 2015: International Firm of the Year
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2016: currently ranked 7th
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com and request a hard copy version of the application form.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE