We are currently recruiting for a Library & Know-How Assistant to join our International Capital Markets (ICM) team in London on a 9-12 month fixed term contract.
Working within the ICM Library team (which is part of the ICM Know-How & Training team) on a fixed term contract, the individual performing this role is involved in the administration of information systems for fee earners, Professional Support Lawyers (PSLs) and, on an ad hoc basis, external clients of the ICM department.
ICM Library, ICM fee earners & PSLs.
Role and responsibilities
The role is varied and includes the following duties:
* ICM Know-How and Documentation Collection:
* data inputting, profiling and maintaining ICM bibles database and other online systems;
* collecting precedent documents from fee-earners and other sources, cataloguing and filing as appropriate; and
* generally maintaining the documentation collections (including the hard copy collection).
* Collating information on legal and practice developments from various sources and disseminating to the PSLs, fee-earners and Business Development on a daily basis.
* Handling information enquiries from ICM fee-earners globally and ICM secondees and from other practice areas.
* Assisting ICM PSLs, and existing ICM library staff, in sourcing legal materials, administering other legal information resources and more generally.
* Assisting the main library with ICM book requests and distribution of new editions.
* Tracking and contacting new joiners to ICM. Providing new joiners with a brief overview of the ICM library and arranging the receipt of any hardcopy text books they are entitled to with the Library Operations team.
This role requires an individual with a librarian/information management qualification. It is essential that the individual has experience in the use of databases and filing systems (computerised and hard copy) and good communication skills. Knowledge of debt capital markets would be an advantage, although is not critical.
Who we are looking for
It is also important that the individual brings enthusiasm and people skills to the role as a result of the frequent contact with fee earners and PSLs.