We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join our IT team in London.
The Business Analyst (BA) works with stakeholders to analyse, review, define, and document business requirements, functions and processes, identifying opportunities for improvement where possible. BAs assist the business in the production of business cases that quantify potential business benefits, moreover to create financial/benefit models and define test and acceptance criteria.
Key skills and experience
* Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, with confidence to deliver at all levels.
* Experience of dealing with senior business users in determining technology requirements and priorities, as well as resolving issues.
* Ability to understand and communicate “Big Picture” ideas in the context of specific project requirements.
* Strong inter-personal skills.
* Solid understanding of systems and business requirements processes.
* Strong understanding of all stages of the project lifecycle, and of both traditional and agile development methods.
* Good analytical skills, including knowledge of analytical methods, tools and techniques.
* Knowledge of, and experience using, difference requirements gathering techniques, e.g. workshops, interviews, questionnaires, etc.
* Good understanding of business analysis techniques and business modelling, for example:
* Functional business models;
* Relational data modelling
* Context diagrams
* Use cases.
* Experience of diagram / modelling tools, e.g. Microsoft Visio and Blueworks.
* Strong understanding of methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, invitations to tender and statements of requirements, both verbally and in writing.
* Strong systems and data analysis skills.
* Aptitude for, and experience of, IT & systems innovation / exploitation.
* Ability to work under pressure, successfully prioritising work without compromising quality.
* Aware of the organisation’s IT infrastructure and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques.
* An enthusiasm and passion for technology. The ability to promote technology within the firm, using business-friendly language, seeking opportunities with tangible business benefits.
* Ability to work equally well as part of a team or on own initiative with minimal supervision.
* Highly self-motivated, a self-starter who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards.
The full job description can be viewed on our website by clicking on the apply button.