Wilkin Chapman LLP is the largest law firm in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire. It is ranked as an East Midlands regional heavyweight and consistently achieves department and individual recommendations in the UK's leading legal directories.The firm is seeking to appoint an accomplished and experienced Head of IT to lead and grow a team of 5 across the firm.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day operations as well as leading the development of the long-term strategy for the future direction of IT. You will ensure alignment between the business strategy and IT – while managing the direction and growth of the firm.
The right candidate will come from legal or professional services; be commercially minded, have strong business acumen and the ability to lead and manage high level projects. You will have a proven track record with extensive experience as an IT leader, and have a strong technical background (this role will require hands on technical input at times).
* Provide expert knowledge and deliver the IT strategy.
* Deliver annual IT strategy, action plan, forecast and budget for IT.
* Manage and develop existing team of 5 people
* Grow the team in line with business need
* Develop IT team ensuring annual appraisals are completed, aligning strategy to personal objectives
* Lead the creation and development of IT policies and procedures.
* Project manage delivery of projects for the firm
* 3rd party vendor management
* Work closely with other managers to ensure an integrated approach to IT provision across the firm
* Innovation - be aware of and investigate new developments in information and communication technologies
* Provide firm information security and Disaster Recovery plans
Regional travel will be required.
Follow us on Twitter for information on new jobs and market trends.