This is an outstanding (and rare) senior management position within one of the strongest legal brands out on the market. This dynamic global law firm is looking for a Head of International Business Development to take on the management of the team and be a focal point for liaising with the partnership for how that team can best be deployed to serve the needs of the firm and its international strategy. The team assists the partnership with the effective implementation of the firm’s international strategy; its development to serve business and client needs in particular jurisdictions; and the communication of the strategy – both internally to fee earners and other staff and externally to clients, prospective clients, overseas law firms, the media and others. It forms part of the wider Business Development (“BD”) department within the Business Services function, based at the firm’s Head Office in London.
Reporting directly into the partnership and sitting on the senior BD management team, key responsibilities include:
* Managing a large established team including senior strategic BD specialists
* Develop strong working relationships across the firm’s international network and also to be the link between the International and the Practice Stream, Communications, Digital, and Pitch teams. Working directly with Partners to develop and implement the firm’s international strategy, and working on long term strategic projects.
* Sustaining and enhancing the firm’s cross-border working relations.
* Managing the firm’s international secondment programme
* Work with Partners to formulate a strategy on relationships with local counsel in the jurisdictions.
* Formulating country business development plans based on the business strategy and objectives of the firm and being responsible for implementation and driving / monitoring its progress.
* Working with the relevant fee-earner groups on development of internal know-how and knowledge sharing on issues relation to doing deals in the relevant countries.
* Developing and maintaining good working relationships with fee-earners to ensure each transaction has appropriate overseas counsel.
* Promoting internal cross selling of the firm’s capabilities in the relevant countries and identify key clients that may have business needs in those countries.
* Ensuring that BD best practice methods are identified, shared and implemented both inside and outside the international team.
The role would suit a very intellectually bright BD specialist with extensive Global experience gained within a top law firm. Proven man-management skills alongside a strong ability to also manage multiple different senior internal stakeholders both internally and externally is also key to this exciting role.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector – twitter.com/leightontaylorC