A leading legal firm is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager who will oversee all BD activities in support of their award-winning Dispute Resolution department. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a BD and communications plan. The role requires an individual who is pro-active, can work with at both a strategic and tactical level, and, essentially, is client centric in approach.
The successful candidate will help the department to fulfil its strategic objectives; and the planning and implementation of a range of initiatives designed to:
* Improve the generation of business from new and existing clients;
* Enhance standing with major clients, prospects and law firms; and
* Build the profile of the department in the international legal marketplace.
To be successful the candidate will need to:
* Provide strategic advice and day-to-day support to partners in the department;
* Work with partners to identify, facilitate, track and monitor the pursuit of significant new business opportunities;
* Develop strong relationships with the associates in the team so that they are viewed as a trusted advisor;
* Implement a range of targeting and cross-selling initiatives in support of the departmental and sector focuses, undertake gap analysis and targeting activities and identify topics for thought leadership and design supporting campaigns;
* Assist, support and help drive the firm's key client programme;
* Oversee the directory submission process and awards submissions for the department;
* Strengthen the BD skills of the department’s lawyers and raise awareness of the support the BD team can provide;
* Work with the Head of Communications and Senior Marketing Manager to ensure effective use of all communication channels;
* Enhance the reputation of the BD team within the firm;
* Plan and manage budgets; and
* Liaise with other BD & PSL professionals across the firm.
The successful candidate will have a more than five years’ experience working within a BD role in a professional services environment, with a thorough understanding of the litigation market. Whilst previous experience of working with law firms would be advantageous, we are interested in applications from candidates who have experience gained within Chambers, the wider corporate or professional services sectors. We will consider applications from candidates with less or more experience than stated provided they are able to demonstrate successful delivery of the required tasks. The successful candidate will be bright, confident and possess strong analytical and numeracy skills. Evidence of strong stakeholder management experience will also be key as will proficiency in systems (experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience in Interaction would be ideal though not necessary. You will be able to build strong effective relationships with partners, associates and colleagues at all levels, drive forward objectives and actions, identify opportunity for change, create a strong sense of belonging within a group, encourage team solutions to problems and be a great communicator.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector – twitter.com/leightontaylorC