We are looking for a Desktop Publisher who can demonstrate document production and presentation competencies to the highest level.
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday and the hours are 12.00pm - 20.00pm (negotiable).
Your role is to produce high-quality deliverables for the London office. Creating, editing and formatting all types of documents using the firm's MS Office templates.
This position requires full knowledge and application of MS Office. The individual will fully understand, anticipate and deliver to meet clients' needs and expectations, both internally and externally. The individual will be expected to work alongside Fee Earning teams to assist in the delivery of high quality documentation.
The Desktop Publisher reports to the London Legal Support Team Leader and is expected to maintain a positive working relationship with everyone in Secretarial Services and all departments in the London office.
- To have advanced skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel to create all types of documentation with speed and accuracy to meet client deadlines.
- To have exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- To work alongside the business to meet their needs, e.g., working with teams on deals, pitch production, etc.
- To troubleshoot and provide support to clients and London DPU team members on firm templates, styles and MS Office functions.
- To have excellent knowledge and application of the Firm's visual identity principles and promote awareness within the London office.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Firm's and London DPU's standards and protocols.
- To be professional, confident and an enthusiastic team player with a flexible, can-do attitude.
- To have excellent communication and organisational skills and be able to prioritise an often conflicting and demanding workload.
- To be customer service focused and be able to liaise and influence at all levels.
- To be able to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Previous work experience in a professional services environment desired but not essential.
- Experience in creation and formatting PowerPoint presentations/pitches both bespoke and templated.
- Successfully completed training modules as per Document Production training path (including any externally recognised qualifications).
- Experience of working in document production/design work.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, clarifying working instructions and working to deadlines, communicating with fee earners as appropriate to alert them to any issues and keep them informed of progress.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work alongside fee earning/business teams, often in pressured environments, and deliver to meet client need.
- Be client service focused.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
- People Management
- Client Service
- Technical and Specialist Skills
- Organisational Skills
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com and request a hard copy version of the application form. You should then send your completed application form, along with your CV, to:
The Recruitment Team
100 New Bridge Street
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Baker McKenzie, London is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the premier global law firm. This vision cannot be achieved without harnessing the imagination and the creative problem-solving capability of talented people whatever their background. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment.