Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
Clifford Chance's Finance team is at the heart of its strategy. The department is involved in managing accounts, budgets and forecasts, providing trend and competitor analysis and other statistical support for partner presentations, as well as cash management, remuneration and internal audit, ultimately ensuring that the firm is compliant, efficient and profitable.
- Key point of contact internally and externally (for both clients and intermediaries) for e-billing issues and requests.
- Coordinator of all global e-billing requests and activities.
- Responsibility for ensuring that global e-billing activities adhere to the Firm's policies and procedures, undertaking continuous improvement thereof.
- New / amending client e-billing set ups:
- Attend Client meetings to discuss e-billing requirements
- Review and approve the set up / change request against checklist and obtain approval as required
- Implement new / amending client e-billing set ups, including the mapping and loading of the rate card for e-billing purposes
- Maintain the e-billing project plan and client request set up report; co-ordinating and prioritising global e-billing projects to ensure Client's deadlines are adhered to
- Maintain a checklist to help identify missing e-billing information or specific e-billing points to be discussed with the Client when negotiating rate agreements for existing e-billing Clients
- Support and advise Business Development when reviewing and agreeing proposed rate agreements for existing e-billing Clients to ensure that practical rate agreements are implemented for e-billing purposes
- Review and follow up on failed and rejected e-bills
- Distribute monthly management reporting, and attend related business and client meetings
- First line support and Escalation point for e-billing queries from GSSC eBilling support team
- Review new e-billing file formats and escalate to local Tax and Finance departments to ensure compliance with local tax rules and all other local invoice regulations. Document and periodically review local tax and all other local invoice regulations to ensure e-billing complies
- Ensure continuous improvement by regularly reviewing processes and procedures, and updating as required
- Perform the role of administrator for the various Client's e-billing intermediary systems, including (a) setting up new users; (b) changing existing users; and (c) removing leavers as necessary
- Central point of contact internally and externally (for both clients and intermediaries) for e-billing issues and requests, liaising between all parties
- Identify and provide training for e-billing as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to discuss complex issues with a varied audience
- Advanced Excel skills to macro level would be preferred but not essential.
- 'Hands on’ e-billing experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Experience of working in a billing / revenue department of a law firm would be an advantage.
- Ability to read e-bill files and experience of working with e-billing Hub would is essential.
- Working knowledge of global law firm finance processes and procedures
- Basic knowledge of the tax rules and regulations from a revenue and billing perspective would be an advantage.
- GCSE's , including maths grade A-C