This is a key role for a major international law firm to shape and manage the firm's approaches to client development and its key client programme. This will include the development and management of an effective infrastructure to support these initiatives. The role will report in to the Client Development Director based in New York, and will involve working closely with other members of the Global Clients & Markets team. While the focus of the role will be on central projects and programme management, there will be an opportunity once these have been established to get directly involved in the management of a small number of the firm's key clients.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
• Operational management of the firm wide client programme, ensuring that there is an effective framework in place to monitor progress and measure the performance of the firm's key clients, in conjunction with the Industry Sector Groups. Ensuring that the firm also has an effective process in place for communicating progress and sharing successes.
• Managing the ongoing development and implementation of a range of training initiatives to up skill lawyers in their client development efforts.
• Supporting the ongoing development and roll-out of the Client Listening Program, working with external providers and other members of the global M&BD team. This includes supporting the training of "client listeners"; managing the underlying client listening system; and the ongoing analysis and reporting of aggregate results to management and the firm
• Managing the ongoing development and roll-out of the Client Development Best Practice Toolkit and supporting infrastructure, including an internal communication programme that effectively shares best practices across the firm.
• Working with other departments on the development of firm's Value Added Services offering for clients, including client training, citizenship initiatives, and secondments.
• Working closely with the Global Head of Clients & Markets and the Clients & Markets leadership team on the development and project management of the annual Clients & Markets plan, including any related budget management.
• Encouraging full and effective use of the firm’s CRM database, and looking at ways in which InterAction can support client development.
• Managing and contributing to wider Clients & Markets projects as required.
The ideal candidate for the role of Client Development Manager will be educated to graduate level and hold a good degree or equivalent from a reputable institution. You must have exceptional operational and project management skills, and have experience of client service reviews within a professional services environment. It would be beneficial to have experience of operating in the legal sector, or have a legal background, as well as, experience of working in a client development capacity or management of a client feedback program.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector – twitter.com/leightontaylorC